Trip To Australia

If you are planning a trip to Australia and need advice, then you have come to the right place. Extraordinary and beautiful, Australia is a massive country that entices visitors with its array of different landscapes, experiences, sights and colors. However, you mustn’t ruin your trip to Australia by not knowing what to do and where to go.

Get the paperwork ready

The first step in planning your trip to Australia is to get a passport. If you are an American, then you should visit the website of the U.S. State Department’s Passport Services. US citizens may also submit passport applications at any state or federal courthouse or a post office. You may search for these locations on your phone book’s government listings.

The ehow article “How to Plan Trips to Australia” contains valuable information for those going on a trip to Australia. It advises the following to US citizens trying to get a passport: “You will need to pay a fee, and the passport will be valid for 10 years. To get your passport, you’ll need to provide proof of citizenship (a birth certificate, a certificate of naturalization or a certificate of citizenship) as well as two photographs.”

If you are a Canadian citizen, then you should visit the website of the Canadian Passport Office or write them a letter at:

Canadian Passport Office

Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada

Gatineau Quebec

K1A 0G3

Phone: (800) 567-6868

Apply for a visa:

Once you have got your passport, you will then need to apply for a visa. Everybody except New Zealand citizens is required to get a visa before embarking on their trip to Australia. Tourist visas don’t cost anything. They are valid for a period of three months and expire a year after the issuance date. You can apply for a visa in two ways:

1. You may apply for a 3-month visa via Electronic Travel Authority. Your info is stored electronically as opposed to a stamp on your passport, and the process takes just a few minutes.

2. If you are looking for a visa different to the normal 3-month tourist visa, you should submit your application in the United States at:

Australian Embassy

1601 Massachusetts Avenue. NW

Washington, D.C. 20036-2273

Phone: (202) 797 3000

Fax: (202) 797 3168


Australia Consulate General

50 East 42nd Street.

34th Floor

New York, NY 10017-5612

Phone: (212) 351-6500

Fax: (212) 351-6501

If you are in Canada:

Australian High Commission

Suite 710

50 O’Connor St.

Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2

Phone: (613) 236-0841

Fax: (613) 236-4376

When going on a trip to Australia, you need to keep in mind that overstaying your visa is a major offense. So if you want to stay longer than three months, make sure to visit the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs for renewing the visa.

Speak Your Mind